HAPI Drum Aura.
- Our Aura Drum is used for yoga, meditation and music therapy to help ease the mind and relax the body. Discover a natural way to find calm, any time of the day. Its soothing sound will help your body and mind to unwind bringing you to a state of tranquility day or night.
- Mediation is known to reduce stress and anxiety. It promotes emotional health and a stronger understanding of yourself. Focus on the present. Reduce negative emotions. Increase your imagination and creativity.
- Set aside time for yourself and sit in a comfortable and relaxed area, away from distractions. Begin drumming a slow beat with total reflection. Your only attention is on your drumming; focus on the way your hands move, the way your arms lift, feel the vibration of your hands or mallets on the drum. If a thought comes to mind for analysis, don't get upset and fight it, simply return your concentration to the drum and your playing technique. When you begin to notice a sense of oneness with the drum, feel free to change your rhythm or add beats to it, and as your contemplation deepens, nothing will exist except the drum and you. Imagine your unique mark on the world, of what lies ahead, and the discoveries beyond where you are now. When you feel your meditation is complete, stop drumming and have a slow and gentle stretch. You will notice how refreshed and invigorated you feel. Your mind cleared from the clutter of too many thoughts.
Why we chose the color purple for this drum:
- Purple combines the calm stability of blue and the courageous energy of red. Purple is often associated with mindfulness practices, which offer a higher ground to those seeking refuge from today’s over-stimulated world. Leonardo da Vinci believed the power of meditation increased ten times when done in a purple light. In his case, the purple light came from stained glass windows in the sanctuaries he worked in.
Our HAPI Aura Drum has a sleek design and can be carried with one hand. It is recommended for beginner, intermediate and advanced players. Our patented eight note tongue layout adds harmonic tones to each note when played. The bottom port lets the sound out to fill the room. Isolating rubber feet located on the bottom of the drum allow it to be set on any surface for play.
The HAPI Aura Drum is available in 2 different pentatonic scales:
- B Akebono (B3, C#4, D4, F#4, G4, B4, C#5, D5)
- A Minor (A3, C4, D4, E4, G4, A4, C5, D5)*
The word "pentatonic" comes from the Greek word pente meaning five and
tonic meaning tone. It is a musical scale that consists of five notes
within one octave. Because of their arrangement, pentatonic scales are
often used to introduce beginners to music.
*This is the same scale on our Slim Drum in A Minor. The Aura Drum has slightly stronger high notes. The Slim Drum has slightly stronger low notes.
Dimensions: 10" wide by 5" high. Weight: 5 lbs.
B Akebono. The Akebono scale originates from Japan. It produces a meditative / exotic sound. It sounds great played with Western and Eastern instruments.
A Minor. A widely used musical scale. A Minor is the relative Minor of C Major and known as a "natural" Minor. Sounds great with Native American flutes in A. This drum will sound good with the HAPI Slim C Major, G Major, or F Major scales. It also pairs up great with our HAPI Origin drum in the scales of E Minor and D Minor. And it works well with our HAPI UFO drum which is in the full C Major scale.
- HAPI Aura Drum
- Pair of HAPI Drum mallets
- Instruction booklet
isolating rubber feet (installed) for playing on any surface!
- Free Padded Travel Bag