HAPI Drum Omni.
Recommended for beginner, intermediate, and advanced players. We have come to understand many unique attributes from our experience in making tongue drums and handpans. We have combined this knowledge to create the Omni. A new innovative tongue drum shape with a great sound!
This drum was designed to harness some of the attributes of handpans into a steel tongue drum instrument. We use a scale arrangement where the lowest note in the middle is below the outer side notes. This is similar to many handpan scales. This adds range and versatility to the scale. You can play any note combination and produce a beautiful sound.
This is a great tongue drum to learn hand playing techniques, similar to what can be used on a handpan. It also comes with mallets so beginners can get a great sound right away!
- HAPI Omni Drum
- Padded Travel Bag
- Instruction Booklet
- FREE Shipping (within Contiguous US)
Available in 2 different scales:
- G Major (high voice: G3, A3, B3, C4, D4, E4, F#4, G4, A4).
- F Major (low voice: F3, A3, Bb3, C4, D4, E4, F4, G4, A4).
Dimensions: 15" (38.1 cm) wide by 5" (12.7 cm) high. Weight: 7.5 lbs (3.4 kg)
Color: Metallic Blue. (Silver is discontinued).
The tongue layout adds harmonic frequencies to each note when played. This creates a more complex and musical tone to each note. By placing low notes next to the appropriate higher notes multiple harmonics can be achieved. These vibrations create desirable overtones which compliment the timbre of the tone.
The Omni borrows some attributes from the handpan. Handpans are tuned using an octave and a high 5th harmonic into each note. The Omni places a high 5th to the left of each low note. There is also a pair of octaves. Striking these notes together or right after each other creates a beautiful chord sound. A chord is a group of notes played together to make a harmony.
The Omni has its own unique sound and sustain, different than a handpan. The center note has a raised dome making it easy to strike. The side notes are arranged with the tip of the tongues on a perfect circle. This makes it easy for your fingers to “remember” where to strike. You spend less time learning where the notes are and more time jamming.
- Specially selected musical steel.
- Each note is carefully hand tuned
using a strobe tuner.
- The head is 16" across allowing for easy reach to all of the notes.
- Sound isolating rubber feet are installed on the bottom so you can set it on any surface to play.
- Dampening system. We have developed a breakthrough proprietary technique built into each HAPI Drum which provides excellent resonance while supplying the correct amount of dampening.
- Tough powder coat finish.
Travel Bag / Backpack:
Specially designed armored backpack. If you
have made the investment in a quality instrument you will want to
protect it with a durable travel bag. This is a tough bag that will
help ensure the safe transport of your tongue drum for everyday use.
This bag may not protect the instrument from hard bumps or falls.
- The bag is constructed from thick durable nylon and uses a heavy duty zipper. There is an internal flap that protects the tongue drum from the zipper.
- Plastic armor is sewn under the nylon on both the front and back of the bag to protect all sides of the instrument.
- Soft padding is also sewn into the full inside of the bag.It has comfortable adjustable shoulder straps and hand carry straps.
- It is designed so the tongue drum rests comfortably in the small of your back following the contour of your body. This bag has optimal weight distribution and carrying comfort.
G Major (high voice: G3, A3, B3, C4, D4, E4, F#4, G4, A4):
F Major (low voice: F3, A3, Bb3, C4, D4, E4, F4, G4, A4):
- HAPI Omni Drum
- Pair of HAPI Drum mallets
- Instruction booklet that has chord building exercises and playing techniques
- Sound isolating rubber feet (installed) for playing on any surface!
- Travel Bag
I just received the new Omni Drum, Wow what a beauty! The resonance and
depth are off the charts (as usual) and this new model is right at home
with my other Hapi Drums. The new Omni shape is represented in the
wonderful timbre of each note and I can't wait to start recording with
it. :) The backpack is a huge plus and I am absolutely a fan of the
ergonomic design, comfy, practical and rugged. Thank you for once again
for spreading HAPIness!
Dylan Muetterties, Muetterties Studios.